The History Teachers’ Association of South Australia (HTASA) is a not-for-profit organisation whose aims are to:
- stimulate interest in the study of History
- support effective teaching and learning of History in schools
- engender in students (indirectly through their teachers) a love of History and its relevance to an individual and society
- arrange meetings, lectures, seminars, conferences and other activities
- prepare and circulate publications, resources and educational research to advance the teaching of History
- represent the views of the Association and its members in educational, government, business and community organisations.