The South Australian History Fund (SAHF)
The SAHF is an annual grant program offered by the History Trust of South Australia and intended to support the production and sharing of South Australia’s history. Total funding available this year is $70,000.
An exciting range of SA history will be uncovered and presented thanks to funding from the History Trust’s annual South Australian History Fund. The 2018/19 grant round offered an increased allocation to $70,000.
30 organisations and individuals are sharing in $70,000 for projects including:
- projects to develop archives, online collections and stories
- publication of a photo documentary about the city and people of Elizabeth
- projects to mark significant events including 150 years of Saint Peter’s Cathedral and the 100 anniversary of the Epic Flight UK to Australia
- publication of a 40 year history of the NPY Women’s Council
- projects focusing on Pakistani and Russian history in SA
Projects funded represent the depth and breadth of historical research and community interest in South Australian history and relate to many different topics and regions of the state.
2018/19 South Australian History Fund
A full list of grant recipients for 2018/19 is available here – SAHF Projects Supported 2018-19
Funds for History 2018
Funding up to $5,000 per grant is available to undertake:
• specific community-focussed projects that explore, interpret or preserve aspects of South Australian history and make history accessible to the public
• publication of both academic histories and more popular forms of historical writing
• research by established and emerging historians that makes a significant contribution to the body of knowledge about, or understanding of, South Australian history.
Funding of up to $500 per grant is available to assist organisations to provide appropriate skills development training or activities for their workers
For full SAHF Grant Guidelines click here.
Enquiries to the History Trust’s community history officers can be made at email@example.com
Applications for 2018 have now closed. The next round of applications will be open in mid 2019.
2017/18 South Australian History Fund
A full list of grant recipients for 2017/18 is available here – SAHF Projects Supported 2017-18