The South Australian History Fund enables South Australian stories to be gathered, preserved and shared, now and in the future. We welcome and appreciate your interest in helping to make that happen.
The South Australian History Fund (SAHF) provides grant support to projects, research or publications that contribute to the knowledge, understanding and sharing of South Australia’s rich history.
Each year the SAHF provides up to $5,000 to communities, organisations and individuals from a total grant fund of $70,000.
- Community focused projects that help to explore, interpret or preserve South Australian History, making it accessible to local and global audiences.
- Publication of both academic and popular forms of historical writing and presentation – including digital and online platforms.
- Research by established and emerging historians that makes a significant contribution to the body of knowledge about, or understanding of, South Australian history.
Who Can Apply?
- Incorporated community organisations, local government, tertiary institutions, and other publicly accountable organisations can apply for all categories.
- Unincorporated organisations may be eligible to apply if auspiced by an incorporated organisation.
- Individuals can apply for publication and research projects funding.
- Applicants located outside South Australia who are working on South Australian history are eligible.
- State and federal government agencies are not eligible.
- Organisations and individuals may only submit one application each grant round.
How to apply?
Applications open Friday 10 July and close on Monday 24 August 2020.
All applications are submitted through the SmartyGrants management system
Assistance with your application
Our Frequently Asked Questions are a good place to start.
We have compiled some Tips for Applying based on some of the commonly asked questions
You can read the full conditions for applying here
If you want to speak to someone about your application then please email us at [email protected] and we will be in touch.